Welcome to the guide for FS 26: One Ocean: Marine Ecology & Conservation. The learning objectives are:
- Evaluate how well a source fits your topic and its relevance
- Define a direction for your research
- Clearly communicate ideas
- Be more confident in researching any topic using keywords
Article Analysis Questions:
- What was the main focus of the articles?
- Briefly describe the main findings of the scientific article.
- Did the popular press article accurately present those findings? (Why or why not?)
- Did the methods section of the scientific article help you understand the topic better or were they too confusing?
- Did the popular press article have a slant (e.g. a message or opinion)?
- Were there any opinions presented in the scientific article?
- Was there any important information not included in the popular press article?
- Which article had a more informative or engaging title?
- Which article did you prefer and why?
- List the full citation for both articles (include title, date, source, etc.)