ELECTRONIC = Online readings and articles are accessed through the library website.
PRINT = Books, films and other media can be checked-out at the front desk of the library.
Course Reserves are class materials that students can access from the library. Print or traditional Reserves are books, films, or other media that are available for check-out at the library front desk. Electronic Reserves are documents (readings, articles, answer keys or sample exams) that are available in electronic format and are accessed through a password protected system on the library website.
• Review the four factors of the Fair Use doctrine for all requested items.
• Please submit a Course Reserves Request Form with all materials.
• Provide complete bibliographic information for all articles and readings.
• Please allow 7-10 days for the processing of Course Reserves materials.
• Reserve requests are completed in the order in which they are received.
• Note that items placed on Course Reserves are available for one semester.
• The Armacost Library cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged items.
• Course reserves materials will be deactivated (electronic), re-shelved (books, DVDs), and returned (personal copies) at the end of each term. A new Course Reserves Request form will need to be submitted prior to each term. (In accordance with fair use practice and copyright law.)
The Armacost Library's policies are based on the University of Redlands: Copyright Policy, approved by the Faculty Assembly on March 15, 2012. The principle of Copyright (United States Code, Title 17) protects original works and the Fair Use doctrine provides for limited uses under the four factors of fair use (purpose and character of the use, nature of the copyrighted work, amount and significance of the portion used, and the impact of the use upon the potential market).
By submitting a Course Reserves Request Form you acknowledge that:
Save the completed form to your computer and attach it to an email to Request_Reserves@redlands.edu or email@example.com.
Please contact Hayden Birkett, course reserves coordinator, for more information.
Email: hayden_birkett [at] redlands.edu
Phone: (909) 748-8093
We encourage you to submit reserve requests as soon as possible to ensure that material is available to students when they need it.
However, there are a few exceptions: