Welcome to the Health, Medicine, & Society LibGuide from the Armacost Library. This research guide will complement your scholarly work by pointing you toward resources in the Armacost Library, on the Internet, and elsewhere in our area for secondary source analysis and background information.
The tabs located above lead to help with locating various types of materials, in various locations. Take a look around.
As a generalization...
- If you want a one or more page summary or background information, try an encyclopedia.
- If you are looking for a more comprehensive analysis of your topic, look for books.
- If you are looking for more detailed analysis on some aspect of your topic, look for articles.
- If you are looking for objective accounts of an event, look for newspaper articles.
- If you are looking for more obscure or esoteric information, pop culture topics, or historic primary documents, look for websites.