Zotero automatically creates tags from full-text and citation information.
1. In you Zotero Library, you can see all the auto-created tags in the lower-left hand corner.
2. Clicking on a tag will show you all the sources in your library associated with that tag.
3. If you click on a record, you can can click on the Tags window on the right-hand side to view all associated tags for one source. You can add and delete tags here.
Note: You can turn off auto-creation of tags in your Zotero Preferences if you'd like to control tagging.
1. In you Zotero Library, click on a source of interest.
2. Click on the Notes tab, which will be to the right-hand side of the source.
Note on Notes!: These are useful for highlighting important sections of a document, or for working with a group on an assignment.