At Armacost Library, books are organized with the Library of Congress classification system, and are grouped together by topic. Refer to the following while browsing through the stacks.
When you find a promising book, check the preface to see if you have the math background needed to understand the text.
- QA 1-43: General mathematics
- QA 75-76: Computer science
- QA 150-272.5: Algebra
- QA 174-183: Group theory
- QA 184-205: Linear and multilinear algebra
- QA 241-247.5: Number theory
- QA 269-272: Game theory
- QA 273-275: Probability
- QA 276-280: Statistics
- QA 299.6-433: Analysis
- QA 440-699: Geometry, trigonometry, and topology
- QA 801-939: Analytic mechanics